Hyderabad Metro services suspended due to Agnipath protests
English राष्ट्रीय

Hyderabad Metro services suspended due to Agnipath protests

Khaskhabar/Operations in all three lines of the Hyderabad Metro Rail were suspended on Friday, June 17, over “disturbances in the city”. The move comes just a while after a group of Army aspirants, protesting against the Union government’s newly-introduced Agnipath Army recruitment scheme, went on a rampage at the Secunderabad railway station, blocking the trains, setting a train’s bogie on fire, and damaging the wind-shield of a Telangana State RTC bus.

Khaskhabar/Operations in all three lines of the Hyderabad Metro Rail were suspended on Friday, June 17, over “disturbances in the city”. The move comes just a while
Posted by khaskhabar

Hyderabad Metro Rail stand suspended till further notice

Due to some disturbance in the city Passengers are informed that , all operations in all three lines of Hyderabad Metro Rail stand suspended till further notice. Passengers are advised to take care and make alternate arrangements,” the official L&T Hyderabad Metro Rail handle tweeted on Friday. In light of the violent protests and blocked tracks, the South Central Railways had also cancelled a series of Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) trains on Friday.

Country demanding the Union government to roll back the Agnipath scheme

There were widespread protests in several parts of the country on Thursday as well, demanding the Union government to roll back the Agnipath scheme, under which men and women between the ages of 17.5 and 21 will be eligible to apply for recruitment. The service term for most of these candidates would be four years.

READ |Agnipath Scheme Protest: 3 Trains Set Ablaze In Bihar

‘Agniveer’ will be retained in the regular cadre based on merit and medical fitness

After four years of service, 25% of the ‘Agniveers’ will be retained in the regular cadre based on merit and medical fitness. The retained employees will have an opportunity to serve a full term of another 15 years, while the other 75%, who do not qualify for the same, will have to exit with a package of Rs 11-12 lakh.

To read and know more news, now you can also follow us on social media – To follow on Twitter, type – @khas_khabar and to read news #khas_khabar live to follow on Facebook You can follow our page @socialkhabarlive.